Here are updates on two of the walks included in Spanish Trails Book One, Picos de Europa. (These updates are included in the latest print run.)
* Walk 26. Sedo de Mabro. In the very final paragraph on page 130, please note that as you descend the valley you will need to cross the stream several times. It is often dry, but after heavy rain or snow melt this might present a degree of difficulty.
* Walk 18. Fuente Dé to Vega de Llordes. With reference to the route“Via the cable car and Canal San Luis” :
I wrote up this walk in 2017. I have been informed that during 2018 this route has been clearly marked with red paint. However, I suggest that you follow the directions in the book and use the red marks for confirmation.
And here are updates on walks included in Spanish Trails Book Two, Sierra Almijara and Tejeda.
* Walk 16. El Lucero circuit from Puerto Blanquillo. In the final paragraph of page 106, I tell you to go to the lowest point of the ridge and to descend to the left “off-piste”. A decent path has now been cleared (November 2018). As you descend from the summit of the mountain, the path is marked on the left by a cairn, some 100 metres or so before you reach the very lowest point of the descent and before climbing once more to “Base Camp”.
* Walk 6. Sedella to el Fuerte. To find the start of the walk, the details have changed slightly (November 2018). The signpost from the main road saying “Area Recreativa” is no longer there. However, you should still take a right turn after leaving Sedella towards Canillas de Aceituno, opposite another turning to the left. When you reach the “area recreativa” you will find that a car park has been newly concreted, and the statue of a vulture has been replaced with a statue of an ibex.
* Walk 8. Canillas de Albaida to Sedella. The instructions for the walk have not changed, but the repeated stream crossings have been made much easier by the construction of seven footbridges in January 2019.